April is Autism awareness month and it kicked off with World Autism Awareness Day, a day dedicated to spreading awareness about Autism and what it really means.
What is autism? Autism is a complex disorder of brain development and is often characterized by difficulties with social interactions, verbal and non verbal communication and repetitive behaviors.
To celebrate this month take this quick fun quiz to see how much you really know about Autism.
Did you know?
- About 1 percent of the world population has autism spectrum disorder
- Autism rates are increasing around the world
- Boys are 5 times more likely than girls to have autism
- The is no medical detection or cure for autism
See how the world is celebrating the month!
Our first stop is America:
- Read President Obama's World Autism Day Proclamation
- The celebrated with shaving cream in St. Louis
- In Louisiana a father paints his nails blue to raise awareness